Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A day of win and lose.

Sunday was an interesting evening of raiding. First, we hit Gruul's Lair (I took Tai; still no hunter gear for her... it's a bitch to be an alt). After Gruul's, I logged Dusk for TK. We zoomed in and tore apart the trash mobs and then somehow managed to steamroll High Astromancer Solarian in one go. That was an amazing first kill (no one killed the raid, woo!).

After Solarian was looted, we went back out to the main hall and started attempts on Al'ar. Now, I hadn't done the fight before, so it took me a couple deaths before I figured out what the hell I was doing. I felt like a twat, but there's only so much I can do. Anyway, I did eventually get my roll as a tank down (the hardest part was watching for Al'ar to go to the next platform or to go up to Flame Quill people). We got him pretty close to death--that is, *after* he dies the first time. But I had to go before we were able to get him down all the way.

Well, I guess they found replacements enough because they kept on trying him and actually managed to kill him... except, somehow he bugged and reset to 100%. The going theory is he meteor-ed out of the room toward the add tank and bugged out. Either way, it is the suck, because they worked so hard to kick his ass. :/

Anyway, I would still call it 3/4 in TK. We'll pwn him again today or tomorrow.

Fabulous.

No comments: